Medtech will shortly be embarking on a program of work to integrate the SNOMED-CT reference set into the Medtech Evolution application.
SNOMED-CT will be offered to practices as an alternative to classifying and coding patients using the current READ V3 clinical coding set.
As part of the SNOMED-CT integration into the Medtech Evolution application all modules and screens will be updated to accommodate the features and functions made available by a move to SNOMED for clinical coding.
Summary of features that will be provided from SNOMED-CT integration:
- Use SNOMED-CT as an alternative to READ codes for clinical coding
- Browse SNOMED-CT datasets, both International and New Zealand versions
- New options for searching the SNOMED-CT dataset will be available giving greater flexibility in searching:
- Search by Text Containing Diacritic and Accented Characters
- Search for Descriptions that Begin, Contain, and End with the Search Text
- Search for Words in Any Order
- Search for Identical Terms
- Search for Words in a Specific Order or a Matching Phrase
- Search by Identifiers
- Extended Searches
- Search Speed
- Select and capture the relevant SNOMED-CT concept and/or its related concepts (Parent concepts, Children concepts and Qualifier values where applicable)
- Display of most Frequently Used descriptions
- Create a Personal Favourites list
- Store selected SNOMED-CT concept against a patient encounters and recall them for clinical decision making, audits and interoperability purposes
Keep an eye out for more information relating to Medtech’s approach for implementation of SNOMED-CT within the Medtech Evolution application shortly.
For more information on this new feature, please click here to contact us.